Monday, March 15, 2010

Engaged!!!

That's right. Jeff nailed the ole coffin shut! I finally tricked him into thinking I'm pleasant enough to be around for a lifetime! MUahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I honestly don't know how I got so lucky as to have him select me as a mate. It must have been my disarmingly good looks. Or maybe this ginormous pimple that has erupted by the corner of my mouth due to the stress of planning a wedding. That's probably it. The pimple is what did him in. Stick with me, single gals, I'll have you married off in no time!

I'm hoping that going forward, this doesn't turn into a complete wedding blog. I'm sure it will though, since most of my mind is wrapped around stupid details like "candle or flower centerpieces," "black or plum bridesmaids dresses," and "how much alcohol can I actually drink before the ceremony without falling over during my walk down the aisle." So, I apologize in advance for my lack of varying blog topics, but damnit, I'm getting married, and I want the entire universe to know about it!

So, there you have it. I'm sorry this post is so short, but I really can't think of much else to say. ..


OH! I guess I can tell you a bit about how Jeff proposed and got this whole ball rolling in the first place. He went to Freeport to ask my father for permission to marry me (such a gentleman!) and when my dad asked when he was going to pop the question, Jeff said, "I guess today." (Such a planner.)

Anyway, he had to call my work and have them tell me to stay a little longer, because Jeff wanted to propose up here (in Houston). So, he hauled ass (like, 80-85mph, which, trust me, Jeff NEVER does--my head typically dangles over the precipice of explosion when he drives because he barely even goes the speed limit) to hurry up and try to make it before I left work, and got there in pretty record time.

He pulled up to the drive thru at the bank and said hello. This isn't an entirely unusual thing, he stops by to bring me coffee every now and then or just to say what's up, so I wasn't really thrown off guard by the fact that he was there. Even when he asked if he could send me something through the drive-thru tube, I didn't really catch on that something was amiss.

So, when I went to get the tube, I looked down and saw a glimmer of something round and golden. I immediately looked away, fearing the worst (worst = Jeff molding a piece of aluminum foil into the shape of a ring and spray-painting it gold JUST to mess with me. Yes, he would do that. He's evil), and walked back over to the speaker and said, ever so eloquently, "Uh." He asked if I could meet him outside, and I said "sure" and took the tube (without looking down into it again, mind you) outside.

When I met him in the parking lot, he took the tube from me, got the ring out, and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. :) I said yes, of course (at least, I think that's what I said, it's really just a big blur now!), and cried and hugged him and turned about as red as a lobster. When I get overly emotional, I tend to turn beet red and have no way of changing that.

Thankfully, the ring was real, not foil*, and off we drove into the sunset (or to Big Woodrow's, same thing) to have a celebratory beer at the place where we first reunited. It was glorious and I honestly don't think I've ever been happier than I was that afternoon. We heard from some many different people who called to congratulate us, and the outpouring of love was definitely an added bonus to the whole day. Without a doubt, it was a day I will never forget.

So that's the proposal story. Looking back, I honestly could've killed Jeff for sending the ring clattering throught the drive-thru tube. It could've been sucked into oblivion or some other universe! And trust me, with his luck, that could've very easily have happened to Jeff.



*I would have gladly accepted an aluminum foil ring, and told Jeff as much. He could've proposed with duct tape and I would've said yes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment